Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rob & Anna & Tamworth


In London primarily for the Online Bingo Summit [whoohoo!] I was invited by my lovely friends and crack exhibition stand designers and builders Anna and Rob Laight to visit them and tour the Midlands. We left London Wed eve. after the stand broke down. Tamworth is a little over 2 hours [barring traffic] from London.



The morning started with a delicious breakfast of porridge looking out at Anna and Rob's lovely and immaculate garden. [Anna and Rob pictured.] The weather was absolutely smashing. Periodically sunny, 68 or so, breezy.




More of the lovely garden....




They have a really charming summer house, which I failed to get a good picture of. You'll see in this picture and the next blurry spots. I dropped my lens on the ground and didn't realize it wasn't completely dry. I was also operating under some sleep deprivation, having stayed up talking to Anna until 2am, then up at 7am. Some photographer I am.

I had problems adjusting to the length of day in England. England is approximately the same latitude as northern Canada--approaching 20 hour long days in June. The first morning in London I thought, oh, I'll just leave the curtains open and get up with the sun. The sun rises. I get up. I shower. I feel like HELL. I look at the clock. It's bloody 4am. Aggghhh! And then in the evenings I'd be working or reading and look at the clock and it's freakin' 10pm and still light out and I've not had dinner and I'm nowhere near ready to sleep. So...not so much sleep this trip. But like I said earlier, weather: flat out gorgeous and such a relief after Florida's steamy summer.



Front of the house with two blurry people. Sigh.


First stop Kenilworth Castle approx 45 mins away.

No comments: