Friday, December 26, 2008

Is That A Radish In Your Pocket?

Welcome to winter in Southwest Florida. So I’m growing radishes and onions and a few other things out on the boulevard [I grew boniato in the summer here, but that's another post.] And yes, my neighbors do think I'm crazy, but in the nicest way :)

The beets and squash are unconvinced by this environment, but the daikon radishes...


Are incredibly happy. I've been growing them in containers for months [they don't like the heat/humidity of the deep summer, but do well the rest of the time] but they've never looked like this. While I have done some soil improvement, it's still mostly very well draining, sandy, soil.


Ready for a little radishment? [I mean really, who could resist? The other photos were actually scarier than this one.]


No comments: